Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why you always cut it open

I was getting the baby ready for bed tonight after a bath and I went to grab some lotion for him. It was in a squeeze tube, not a bottle. Anywho, I was squeezing for all I was worth, but couldn't get any more lotion out of the tube. I placed Kitty on the floor and to his happy joy, got to naked crawl all over while I went to find a scissors to mame my lotion tube. To my joyful surprise, I found about half the contents of the tube still available. They just weren't going to come out without intervention. I scooped Kitty off the floor, much to his dismay, to hold him down and grease him up like a little pig. This always makes Kitty nutty, but I think he secretly likes it!
My little unhelpful helper...


The tube of lotion originally had 3.0 ounces. When I cut it open, I was able to get this much lotion out of it...


I placed it in a small storage container that I had. A small baby food jar would work as well, or you can leave the lotion in the original container and shut it like this...



I remember a few years ago teaching my friend Beth this same trick. She sent me a text message once letting me know she was excitedly cutting open a tube of something to get the last bit out. May you find yourself some Friday night happily altering tubes of product to get to the last part. Enjoy this thrifty tip and cut merrily knowing you are saving a lucky buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment